The amount of deduction depends on-
a). To whom the donation has been made.
b). The amount of donation. They are exempted from 100% to 50% of the amount of donation.
All institutions are eligible for registration provided they fulfill the following conditions:-
- The Institutions should not spend any income or assets for any purpose other than a charitable purpose.
- The Institution should not be for the benefit of any particular religion, community, or caste.
- The Institution should maintain regular accounts.
- The Institution should be registered under the Societies Registration Act or any other similar welfare Act.
- Their expenses on religious activity should not exceed 5% of total income.
- They should submit their income tax return regularly.
- Form No. 10G requires the following important information:-
- Name and Address of the Institution.
- Name and Address of the office bearers.
- Income tax Particulars.
- Amount of surplus and mode of their investments.
- Copy of the registration granted U/s 12A or copy of notification issued U/s 10(23) or 12(23C) if any.
- A note on the activities of the institution for the last three years.
- Copy of the audited accounts for the Past three years.
- Memorandum and Rules & Regulations.
- Copy of the registration Certificate of the society